We are back with an all new season – but I guess this one doesn’t feel too new, now does it? I think we might be more surprised to reach the point where we don’t see the familiar face of our friend Nick Viall – but we’re rooting for a good season with him at the helm.
ABC is rooting for him too – sending him 30 ladies to kick off season 21. Perhaps more options ups his chance of success? Only time will tell. Some moments this episode had us as surprised as Josephine getting a rose on Monday night.
In the interim, you bet we’ll be keeping an eye on what this season’s contestants are tweeting. You can too with our handy Twitter list for the season!
Here’s how we called episode 1 (and our thoughts on what we’d like to think of as this season’s mascot, the sha-dolphin). Below you can also take a look at the news articles we mention at the end of the podcast.
- Jade Roper Has A Bone To Pick With New Bachelor Nick Viall (Refinery29)
- Whitney Bishoff Shades Ex Fiancé, Former ‘Bachelor’ Star Chris Soules on Twitter (Wonderwall)
- Who Is Vanessa From ‘The Bachelor’? Nick’s Contestant Has Been On TV Before (Bustle)
- Interview & Facebook Live with Chris Harrison (Variety)
- Nick’s Contestant Blog (People.com)
- Chris Harrison’s Blog (YahooTV)
- Bachelor Recap: The Girl in the Shark Onesie, And Other Messy Premiere Episode Moments (Cosmo)
Did we miss something especially juicy? Send us a note here or leave us a message via Google Voice at 256-648-5272 (don’t worry – it goes straight to voicemail and we can’t see your number!) and we might include it on a future episode!